Planned Giving

Text Resize

For Professional Advisors

In your work as a professional advisor, you value professionalism, integrity and honesty, taking the utmost care when serving your clients. As a nonprofit organization, we share your values and take the same care when it comes to helping our donors plan charitable gifts to the University of Central Oklahoma Foundation.

Please use these tools as you help your clients with their charitable plans, and feel free to contact us for more information or assistance. We have a complete tax update service for CPAs, attorneys, CLUs, CFPs, ChFCs, trust officers and other professional friends. The GiftLaw services are made available to all advisors as a free service. We are available to assist in helping you provide clients with clear and understandable gift illustrations should that be of value to you.

Tools for Professional Advisors
Legal name: University of Central Oklahoma Foundation
Federal tax ID number: #73-6108032
Located in: Edmond, Oklahoma

If you have questions, such as whether a specific asset you own would make a good gift for the UCO Foundation or whether we would be able to accept that gift, please click here for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions:

I am an executor, personal representative, or trustee with a gift to distribute to University of Central Oklahoma Foundation to benefit UCO. Whom should I contact?

Brenda Knott
UCO Foundation
Associate Vice President for Development
Tel: 405-974-3561

My client wants to remain anonymous. Is that possible?

Yes, we are happy to keep your client's name and/or the details of their gift confidential if they so desire. We hope, however, that they are willing to share their name with us so we can thank them personally for including the University of Central Oklahoma Foundation in their plans. In addition, if they are willing, we would like to review a copy of your client's plans (relating to UCO) in order to ensure we have a complete understanding of their gift and can carry out their wishes when their gift arrives.

Can gifts be restricted for a particular purpose?

Yes they can but, given the fact that this gift may arrive many years in the future, it is important that the purpose of the gift is flexible enough for the University of Central Oklahoma Foundation to be able to put it to good use when it arrives. We are bound by federal guidelines and the university's non-discrimination policy. It is suggested that specific names of programs, departments, degrees, athletic teams, and facilities can change over time, so we encourage you to use language in the will or trust that provides some flexibility for the dean or president to apply the gift to a substantially similar purpose.

Will the UCO Foundation accept Gift of Real Estate or Real Property?

Yes, a residence, vacation home, or undeveloped land may be donated. When you make a gift of real estate, you can claim an income tax charitable deduction for the full fair market value of the real estate and avoid capital gains taxes on the appreciation. All gifts of real estate require approval by The University of Central Oklahoma Foundation Board of Trustees.

Are there minimums to establish an endowed fund?

Yes, there are minimum amounts required to establish each fund, but they change over time and with each foundation. Please contact the Brenda Knott at the UCO Foundation if you or your client wants to ensure that the bequest or other planned gift will reach the minimum to endow a fund in the future.